Material developed by Steve Smith or members of the Bustamante Group or people employed by UC Berkeley is subject to the following copyright:
Copyright (c)2009. The Regents of the University of California (Regents). All Rights Reserved. Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute these plans and software for educational, research, and not-for-profit purposes, without fee and without a signed licensing agreement, is hereby granted, provided that the above copyright notice, this paragraph and the following two paragraphs appear in all copies, modifications, and distributions. Contact The Office of Technology Licensing, UC Berkeley, 2150 Shattuck Avenue, Suite 510, Berkeley, CA 94720-1620, (510) 643-7201, for commercial licensing opportunities.
IN NO EVENT SHALL REGENTS BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THESE PLANS, SOFTWARE OR ITS DOCUMENTATION, EVEN IF REGENTS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. REGENTS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE PLANS, SOFTWARE AND ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTATION, IF ANY, PROVIDED HEREUNDER IS PROVIDED "AS IS". REGENTS HAS NO OBLIGATION TO PROVIDE MAINTENANCE, SUPPORT, UPDATES, ENHANCEMENTS, OR MODIFICATIONS.
Material submitted from outside sources should bear the author's copyright notice if applicable. The University of California assumes no liability for the use of contributed material.
The authors seek to provide accurate and complete plans for building a safe and reliable instrument. However we can offer no guarantees. The builder is cautioned as follows:
(1) Lasers contained in the instrument are near-infrared Class 3B. User is solely responsible for laser-beam eye safety when using this or any other "home -built" instrument. Consult your local radiation safety officer for safe use.
(2) Dangerous voltages (up to 150 V) are present on some exposed circuit boards. Users should avoid touching the Piezo-Driver board when power is on.
(3) Certain specified parts are available from only one supplier. We cannot guarantee their continued availability. Substitutions may not be possible without major re-design. Check parts availability before starting project.
(4) Trained specialists such as machinists and electronic technicians are typically required to construct this instrument.
(5) Authors are glad to offer e-mail advice on an occasional basis but are not responsible for service, maintenance, training, suitability, repairs, software or purchasing problems.
GUI Software license terms